Saturday, December 29, 2018

3 Steps To Make A Tassel Earrings

If you know me at all you, you understand that I'm not one to wear jewelry, especially dangly earrings. I hate wearing earrings because they have a tendency to be somewhat heavy and weigh my ears down making them annoyance and gives me a headache. Then I watched Jenny's DIY Tassel Earrings on her website SweetTeal and chose to give it a try for myself.

Turns out they're actually my new favorite thing and accessories with any outfit I wear. Though you can take the easy way out and purchase any tassel earrings from Etsy, Amazon or some other retail store. But you actually potentially save lots of money just by making them yourselves with only three steps, and it is just as easy as clicking a button and ordering them yourself!

Things you need to make tassel jewelry:

  1.     Embroidery Thread
  2.     Earring Hooks
  3.     Scissors
  4.     Needle
  5.     Jewelry Pliers
  6.     Beads (discretionary )

Steps to Make Tassel Jewelry:

ONE:



The first step is to earn the tassels. The easiest way is to wrap it about something. I chose to cut out a piece of cardboard that the height and width of a soda can (roughly 2″ x 4″). Wrap it around till you have the desired depth of half of a tassel.

TWO:



Next, you need to fold the bundle in half and wrapping a separate chain around the top to tie off it. After done, you'll cut on the opposite end to create the frill/tassel effect.

THREE:



Next, you use the needle and thread a separate string through the middle of the top loop. I will have equal spans coming out every end and fold them up. Now you will thread both ends throughout the bead and tie it off on the earring hook!

And voila! You have your own set of amazing and enjoyable tassel earrings. You can achieve this with various types of threads and in many different colors. If you want a thinner appearance, you may use easy sewing thread to get a much milder impact.

These are the following steps for making tassel earrings. If you're looking for more wholesale jewelry you can visit wonatrading.

No comments:

Post a Comment